Create your abstract
- Use the provided Abstract Template in Microsoft Word and save it as a PDF.
- Do not include page numbers, headers, or footers in your abstract. They will be added when the final program book is made.
- Keep fonts consistent with the template. More detail on fonts and sizes can be found in the Abstract Formatting Instructions below.
- The final PDF size may not exceed 3MB. There are options to reduce the file size in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat..
- You are limited to 2 pages. Abstracts longer than 2 pages will be rejected.
Submit your abstract
Every submission is a two-step process. The first step is to initiate the submission by entering the metadata associated with the abstract. Upon completion, each submission is given a unique ID. In the second step, users will return to the OpenConf home page, enter the unique ID, and upload the abstract. Below are detailed instructions for each step.
Step 1. Initiate the submission process
Go to https://www.openconf.org/SB3C2022
- Under Authors: select ‘Make Submission’
- Enter your abstract title. Only the first letter of the first word should be capitalized. Do not use ALL CAPS
- Enter information for every author on your abstract
- Select who will be the Presenting, Contact, and Senior Author. For students, we strongly suggest that the contact author be the primary adviser. The Senior author should be the principal investigator of the laboratory (often also the advisor)
- Choose the ONE topic area from the list that best fits your abstract
- Select the appropriate student competition category, if applicable
- Enter a password to save your submission
- Write down the unique submission ID
Step 2. Upload your abstract
Return to the OpenConf home page https://www.openconf.org/SB3C2022
- Under Authors: select ‘Upload File’
- Use your submission ID # and password (assigned under ‘Make Submission’) to upload the abstract PDF
- If you need to make a change to your submission, you may return to your original submission and revise at any time prior to the deadline. Please edit your submission rather than create a new submission.