Dear SB3C abstract submitters,
We are excited to announce our inaugural Cover Art contest for SB3C2019! If you are interested in showcasing a visual aspect of your research (e.g. a photograph of an experimental setup, an image from your analysis, technical diagrams, or other art derived from your research), we are seeking submissions, one of which may end up on the cover of this years printed program book.
Deadline: April 22, 2019, midnight PST.
Eligibility: Only authors who have accepted abstracts will be eligible to submit.
- Your work should fit a standard page (8.5″ x 11″) but does not have to take up the whole space, 300 dpi minimum
- Both color and black and white submissions are acceptable
- Minimal text (i.e. plot axes are ok, but names, faces, affiliations and other notations must be obscured or removed, obscure any brand names and logos from your images, failure to adhere to this may lead to rejection of your cover art submission).
- The program committee reserves the right to use a portion of your submission – due to cover formatting on our end, we may crop the image if needed.
What to submit:
- Your cover art image (where appropriate, vector formats like .png are ideal, pdf files, and common image file types are also acceptable).
- You and your co-authors names and affiliations (this should match the information in your abstract submission)
- Your accepted abstract number and title
- A brief (1 paragraph) caption describing what your cover art shows (this and your author names and affiliations will appear in print inside the program book)
- A copy of the Confirmation and Release for Cover Art Contest signed by the presenting author of the related abstract.
Joseph Iaquinto, Information Chair
Jonathan Vande Geest, Publications Chair